We’re sure you’re aware that the way the UK trades with Europe has now changed. The question is, what’s different? 

Custom declarations 

All exports from the UK now need to be declared through customs. The government highly recommends getting a contract in place with a customs intermediary, such as a freight forwarder or customs broker. 

Goods classification 

Any goods that you export to Europe now need to have an accurate classification, as well as evidence of their origin. Again, a customs intermediary can advise on this in order for tax errors to be prevented. 

Safety and security 

An entry summary declaration isn’t required for goods you import into the UK from the EU before 30th June 2021. As for exporting, you need to make an exit summary declaration if you haven’t fulfilled safety and security requirements through a customs export declaration. More information can be found here

Northern Ireland 

If you're preparing to move goods under the Northern Ireland Protocol, register for the free Trader Support Service

We can help 

Need more advice on trading with Europe? Call our Yorkshire office on 01482 235575, our London office on 0207 885 0605, or fill in our contact form
Share this post:

Leave a comment: 

Our site uses cookies. For more information, see our cookie policy. Accept cookies and close
Reject cookies Manage settings